Sunday 14 May 2017

NATIONAL VEGETARIAN WEEK and PAD THAI RECIPE



Tomorrow is the start of National Vegetarian Week and I'll be joining and eating veggies for a week.  I will be sharing what I eat in a day for the whole week on my social media.  I may also share some of my favourite vegetarian recipes here on my blog.  So join me and sign up and together let's enjoy veggies for the whole week!

Sign up here to join and for recipes and ideas:

To kickstart my going vegetarian for a week, I will be sharing with you my favourite vegan pad thai recipe.




For the ingredients you will need:

200g rice noodles
2 courgettes
2 carrots
1 bell pepper
1 packet Cauldron marinated tofu pieces*

For the sauce you will need:
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup peanut butter 
1/4 cup kecap manis or tamari
2-3 Tbsp agave**
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger root, grated

*this is my favourite but you can substitute it with any other tofu or you can omit this altogether 
**adjust the sweetness according to your taste

1.  Whisk sauce ingredients in a large bowl. 
2.  Cook the noodles as per packet instructions then add to the large bowl.
3.  Ideally use a spiralizer to create noodles from courgettes and carrots but a box grater will work just fine.  Place the shredded vegetables in the large bowl.
4.  Slice the pepper into strips and then add to the large bowl.
5.  Mix the noodles and the vegetables with the sauce.
6.  In a non stick pan dry fry the tofu pieces until crispy.
7.  To serve place the noodles mixture on individual bowl and sprinkle tofu pieces on top.

Enjoy!


If you tried the recipe please share, leave me a comment and tag me on any of my social media.


No comments:

Post a Comment