Friday 10 February 2017

40 CHALLENGES IN MY 40TH YEAR UPDATE

Hello family and friends welcome back to my blog.  It's been a while since I last posted on my blog.  I can't believe it's already February and Valentine's Day is just around the corner.   In January, I started a new job, so my challenges has been put on hold for a while as I adjust to the new job.  So far I love it, keeps me on my toes, challenging at times, but I know for sure it will be rewarding in the end.

So...I am currently looking into my 40 challenges and will be slightly changing the list a bit.  But one thing will never change, I will continue to help one charity each month as part of my challenge. 

For the month of January,  I helped and donated to WaterAid by drinking only just water!

This month of February,  I'm helping the charity Cancer Research UK.  Last Saturday,  4th of February was World Cancer Day, and I volunteered for 4 hours collecting money and I hope to continue volunteering for other causes.   I also signed up in taking on Sugar Free February as part of my challenge. So please sponsor me and donate at

So here are the updated list for my 40 challenges:

1.  January - Drinking just water (WaterAid) √

2.  February - Sugar Free (Cancer Research UK) √

     http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/sugar-free-february

3.  March - DECHOX (British Heart Foundation) √


4.  April 24 to 30 -  Allergy Awareness Week (AllergyUK) √


5. May 15 to 21 -  National Vegetarian Week √


6. June 10 - Walk 40 km for charity (Walk the walk: the MoonWalk Scotland) √


7. July - Plastic Free July


8.  August 8 - Severe ME Understanding Day


9.  September - World's Biggest Coffee Morning (Macmillan Cancer Support)

10.  October 20 - Stand Up to Cancer


11.  November - Movember 


12.  December 10 - Human Rights Day AmnesTea Make 40 cups of tea in a day
       (Amnesty International) 


These challenges are currently ongoing:

13.  Receive postcards from 40 different people from 40 different countries (Postcrossing)

14.  Send 40 postcards from my hometown (Postcrossing)

 15.  Post 40 blog entries

15.  Do 40 hours volunteering 

16.   Learn to say Hello in 40 languages

17.  Learn to say Thank you in 40 languages

18.  Visit 40 cities in England

19.  Eat 40 different kinds of Fruits

     https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fruits

20.  Eat 40 different types of Cheese

21.  Makeover my wardrobe (Dress with 40 items or less in 40 days)


22. Raise £40 at a car boot sale for charity

23.  Read 40 books

24.  Bake & sell 40 cupcakes for charity

25.  Bake & sell 40 donuts for charity

26.  Collect 40 shiny £1 coin for charity

27.  Visit 40 of London's most unusual museums


28.  Listen to the top 40 best selling singles of all time non stop


29.  Listen to the top 40 best selling album of all time for 40 consecutive days


30.  Ride for 40 minutes on a horse

31.  Vlogging for 40 days 

32.  Sell 40 things on Ebay for charity

33.  Visit 40 pubs in 40 different towns or villages in Essex

34.  Have a movie marathon with 40 in the title

35.  Do Hadrian's wall trek

36.  Ride the slide at arcelormittal orbit

37.  Cook 40 new recipes

38.  Learn a new skill

39.  Abseil for charity

40.  Tandem skydive for charity 

The list of challenges I've completed:

Buy a complete outfit for £40 √

Go vegan for 40 days √

Go Gluten Free for 40 days √

Do 10,000 steps a day for Cancer Research UK √

Make and sell 40 greeting cards for Movember √

Drinking just water for WaterAid √


You can follow me on my Twitter, Instagram & Facebook account


No comments:

Post a Comment